While not every Master/slave relationship incorporates punishment, it works very well for Master and i. There is truly a difference in discipline and punishment, though the two often go hand in hand and many people use the terms interchangably. Discipline in a Master/slave relationship is about teaching the slave what is right and wrong as well as control of the slave’s self and emotions. Punishment can be an important part of teaching these things.
Master often uses spanking as a punishment and has begun to incorporate other things as well. i will include a list of possible punishments at the end for easy reference. Punishment takes the lessons further for me. Rather than just praising my good deeds and behaviors, Master uses punishment to reinforce when something is wrong. This helps the infraction to stand out in my mind and to help deter me from continuing the same misbehavior in the future. Punishment is not fun for me, and is down right embarrassing for me. (For more on my feelings when being corrected read this blog post.)
While i greatly dislike punishment, i understand that it is a helpful training tool for Master. Without it, i feel that i would make the same mistakes more as it would fade away in my mind. That being said, i strive for the day when punishment is no longer needed. That day will mean that i am able to please Master flawlessly.
Some punishments Master has used, or we have discussed are:
- Spankings with various tools (different than play spankings these a fierce, quick, and without warm up)
- Time out in my naughty corner to reflect on how i have displeased Master
- Cold showers (with or without allowing a towel to dry off)
- Sexual acts i am not particularly fond of
- Writing assignments
- Restriction of cell phone use
- Restriction of free time
- Extra tasks added to my chore list
- Orgasm restriction for a set amount of time or forced extended orgasm